When you’re trying to learn about something new via online tutorials, video guides or lessons – it can help to save them so that you’re able to watch them when you’re offline, or using your other devices. Of course as you probably know most online videos don’t provide you with a ‘save’ or ‘download’ link – which is why you will need to be a little bit creative.
Arguably the easiest way to save online videos that are streamed is by recording them directly from your Mac’s screen using Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac. Because it will let you record anything from your screen, you can simply set it to record the area where the video you want to capture is playing.
That may not sound very straightforward, but in actual fact if you want to use Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac to record screen and audio on Mac you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Launch the software and select ‘Record screen’ in the menu.
- Click and drag the mouse cursor to draw a frame over the video that you want to capture.
- Click on the ‘speaker’ System Audio icon to make sure it is highlighted in green so that the audio from the video that you’re recording is also captured.
- Click ‘REC’ to start recording after a 5 second delay and play the video at roughly the same time.
- Click ‘Stop’ when the video is complete.
- Click ‘Save as’ to save your video, and choose a format or use one of the built-in presets to automatically optimize your video for a particular device or platform.
Instead of manually starting and stopping the recording, you could schedule it to start and stop at a particular time. Alternatively Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac will provide you with a timer, so that you can stop the recording automatically after a certain duration.
When the recording is done you should also explore the editing features in Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac. Some of them may prove to be extremely useful, especially if you want to trim out any unwanted footage, merge video clips together, improve the video quality, insert animated transitions, or add customizable text fields to your video.
Regardless of the type of video that you want to capture and save, Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac is really the only tool that you need. As you can see not only will it let you effortlessly capture any video, but it also will let you tweak the videos that you record so that you can make sure they turn out as you require.